R-MC’s Emergency Response Team is actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Monitor this site for updates for the R-MC Community.
R-MC’s Emergency Response Team is actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Monitor this site for updates for the R-MC Community.
Last Modified: January 18, 2017
2. Additional Terms. Certain features of the R-MC Websites and some of the College’s other online products and services are subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by us (“Additional Terms”). If there is a conflict between the relevant Additional Terms and this Website Policy, the Additional Terms will control.
3. Unofficial Websites. Some websites hosted on R-MC servers or accessible via R-MC domain names are not official R-MC websites, including personal webpages of students, faculty, and staff, whether or not they carry a disclaimer. Unofficial sites do not represent the College in any way. Any content contained in or accessible from unofficial websites does not reflect the views of Randolph-Macon College and R-MC does not endorse, warrant, or otherwise take responsibility for the contents of unofficial webpages or of any material accessible from unofficial webpages.
4. Links to Third Party Websites;
Third Party ck棋牌. We may provide links on the R-MC Websites to other websites that are not under our control (“Third Party Sites”). These links are provided for convenience or reference only and do not indicate (a) any affiliation
between the College and a Third Party Site; or (b) the College’s approval, sponsorship, or endorsement of a Third Party Site or the organization or individual operating such Third Party Site, and/or (c) any of the information or content contained
on such Third Party Site, including products or services that may be sold or advertised on a Third Party Site. We accept no responsibility for, and we expressly disclaim, any warranties or liability relating to, the accuracy, relevancy, copyright
compliance, legality, or decency of materials displayed on or contained in any Third Party Site. Your access and use of any Third Party Site is at your own risk. Your use of any Third Party Site will be governed by the terms and conditions posted
the terms and conditions, if any, posted at such Third Party Site. We encourage you to review the terms and conditions and any privacy statements posted on a Third Party Site, or to contact the operator of a Third Party Site prior to using or providing
any information on such Third Party Site.
There may be areas on the R-MC Websites where you can sign up for services or purchase products offered by third parties without leaving, or appearing to leave, the R-MC Websites (“Third Party ck棋牌”). Access to Third Party ck棋牌 via the R-MC Websites is provided for convenience only, and we assume no responsibility or liability for any transaction you undertake with a third party relating to your access, use or purchase of any Third Party ck棋牌. Your access, use or purchase of any Third Party ck棋牌 is at your own risk and you must look solely to the provider of any Third Party ck棋牌 with respect to all issues, claims and legal matters relating thereto. You may be required to accept or agree to certain terms, policies or restrictions in connection with your access to, use or purchase of any Third Party ck棋牌. These terms, policies and restrictions do not impose legal liability or obligation on use. We encourage you to carefully read all such terms, polices or restrictions as they may impose legal liability or obligations on you to third parties.
5.1. Definitions. As used in this Website Policy:
5.1.1. “Personal Information” means personally-identifiable information (information relating to an individual that can be used to identify, locate, or contact that individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information), such as: name, ck棋牌 or physical address, e-mail address, phone number, or personal characteristics (such age or date of birth, race, and gender), Sensitive Information (as defined below), or any other information about an individual that we collect through the R-MC Websites and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with other personally-identifiable information.
5.1.2. “Sensitive Information” means Social Security numbers, passport numbers, driver’s license numbers, bank account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, login or authentication credentials (such as passwords) for Third Party Sites or third party accounts, or other similar information.
5.1.3. “Non-Personal Information” means information or content other than Personal Information, including, for example, aggregated or anonymized information about our users and other information that does not identify any individual.
5.2. Children Under Age 13. The College is committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of thirteen (13) years (each a “Child” and collectively, “Children”). The R-MC Websites are not designed for or marketed to Children, and the College does not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children through the R-MC Websites. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a Child, we will delete that information.
5.3. Types of Information Collected.
5.4. Use of Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information (including, for example, aggregated information about our visitors or information that does not identify any individual) for any purposes whatsoever (including without limitation, advertising, marketing, enhancing, designing, or developing products and/or services, and research), and we may share Non-Personal Information with others, including our partners, affiliates, and our service providers.
5.5. Use of Personal Information.
5.5.1. We will only store and use your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with your use of the R-MC Websites, including: (a) to contact you in connection with your use of the R-MC Websites, including to respond to your inquiries; (b) for authentication and identification purposes; (c) to process your application for admission to R-MC; (d) to provide you with notices about your R-MC Website Account and your application for admission; (e) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information to us; (f) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; (g) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; (h) to provide you with relevant advertising and promotions; (i) to ensure your compliance with any applicable Additional Terms and/or to investigate any potential breach of such Additional Terms; and (j) to protect our networks, data, software, or business interests. We may transfer, process, maintain, and store your Personal Information and other information in any country (or in multiple countries), including countries other than your country of residence or the country or countries where you access the R-MC Websites.
184.108.40.206. to any person, entity or organization which you consent for us to disclose your Personal Information to;
220.127.116.11. to our affiliates (such as the Randolph-Macon College Alumni Association), our business partners and agents who provide hosting services, and website and technical support providers, as is necessary or required in connection with the operation, maintenance, and support of the R-MC Websites;
18.104.22.168. to any person, entity or organization in order to facilitate the provision of the R-MC Websites and to fulfill any requests for information or product orders you make, such as providing your name and payment information to our third party payment processor if you purchase any products that we may offer from time to time;
22.214.171.124. to comply with any legal requirements, subpoena, discovery requests, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements;
126.96.36.199. as we believe is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury or property damage;
188.8.131.52. to law enforcement, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity; and
184.108.40.206. if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the College, our affiliates (such as the Randolph-Macon College Alumni Association), our students, staff, or faculty, or other third parties.
5.6. Opt-In Sharing Features. We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to a third party if we know or have reason to believe that the third party will use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, unless you choose to opt-in to such sharing.
5.7. Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for safeguarding the username and password associated with your R-MC Website Account and notifying us immediately if you suspect your username and password or your R-MC Website Account have been compromised. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the R-MC Websites. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the R-MC Websites.
5.9. Access to and Change of Personal Information. You may contact us at any time to: (a) request the removal of the Personal Information you provided to us from our databases; and (b) update your Personal Information. However, certain information associated with financial transactions and student records may be retained permanently for legal, tax, and business reasons. In addition, because certain Personal Information may be necessary to provide the R-MC Websites to you, you understand that the removal of that Personal Information may require us to delete your R-MC Website Account. When your Personal Information is updated or deleted, copies of such information may remain in our backups for a period of time.
6. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property associated with, or incorporated within, the R-MC Websites and the content available on the R-MC Websites, including without limitation, all articles, photos, and other media and documents (each, a “Work”), together with all Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) therein and thereto are owned by R-MC (or the third party owners thereof). This Website Policy does not grant to you, and you shall not acquire, any right, title, or interest in and to the R-MC Websites, any Work, any content available on the R-MC Websites, or any Intellectual Property Rights associated with any of the foregoing, except for the following limited license: R-MC grants you a personal, non-commercial, limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to access and make personal use of the R-MC Websites. This limited license includes the right to download and/or print each Work that is made available for printing or downloading on the R-MC Websites for your personal use. You may not use any Work in any manner that suggests an association between the College and any other person, entity, or organization. You may not (a) upload or post any of the materials on the R-MC Websites to any other website, or (b) publicly make available, display, distribute, or perform any of the materials on the R-MC Websites, or (c) engage in hotlinking with respect to any materials on the R-MC Websites. Notwithstanding any provision herein to the contrary, the College may terminate the foregoing limited license at any time, and for any reason, upon notice to you. As used in this Website Policy, “Intellectual Property Rights” means intellectual property rights arising from or in respect of the following, whether protected, created or arising under the laws of the United States or any other jurisdiction: (i) fictional business names, trade names, company and corporate names, trademarks and service marks (whether registered or unregistered, including any applications for registration of any of the foregoing), logos, Internet domain names, and trade dress rights, together with the goodwill associated with any of the foregoing (collectively, “Marks”); (ii) inventions, patent applications, and patents issued there from in the United States and in all other countries, including all continuations, divisionals, continuations-in-part, inventions registrations, re-examinations, registrations, renewals, utility models, reissues and the like corresponding thereto (collectively, “Patents”); (iii) copyrights and registrations and applications therefore (collectively, “ck棋牌s”); (iv) proprietary and confidential information which constitute trade secrets, such as proprietary and confidential know-how, inventions, discoveries, concepts, ideas, methods, processes, designs, formulae, technical data, drawings, specifications, and data bases in each case excluding any of the foregoing to the extent the rights therein comprise or are protected by ck棋牌s or Patents (collectively, “Trade Secrets”); (v) publicity rights, including without limitation the right to use a Person’s name, image, photo, portrait, voice, sound-alike, likeness, and persona for advertising, marketing, promotional, trade, business, and commercial purposes (collectively, “Publicity Rights”); and (vi) moral rights and privacy rights (collectively, “Other IP Rights”).
7. Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement.
7.1. Generally. The College respects the Intellectual Property Rights of others, and we expect each visitor of the R-MC Websites to do the same. We take claims of infringement of Intellectual Property Rights seriously, and we will respond appropriately to any such claims that content on the R-MC Websites infringes a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights (“Infringing Content”).
7.2. Reporting Claims of ck棋牌 Infringement. If you believe that any of your copyrighted works are improperly posted, displayed, or accessible on the R-MC Websites, you may request the removal of such works.
7.3. Reporting Claims of Other Intellectual Property Infringement. If you believe any content accessible on or through the R-MC Websites infringes your Intellectual Property Rights (other than your copyrights), you may request removal of such content (or access thereto) from the R-MC Websites by submitting written notification to the College. The written notice (an “Infringement Notice”) must include all of the following:
Upon receipt of an Infringement Notice, we may act in any manner that we deem reasonable and appropriate, including without limitation, temporarily or permanently removing the Alleged Infringing Content described in such Infringement Notice.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties. Your use of the R-MC Websites is at your own risk, and the R-MC Websites and all content and information available on or through the R-MC Websites (including all Works) are provided “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” and “AS AVAILABLE,” without any warranties or conditions whatsoever, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. While we will make reasonable efforts to provide accurate and timely information and content on the R-MC Websites, you should not assume that any content or information provided (including any Work) is always up-to-date, accurate, or complete, or that the R-MC Websites contain all of the relevant information available. We make no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of the R-MC Websites or of any Work or other content or information on the R-MC Websites, and we disclaim any and all responsibility or liability related thereto. Your use of, and reliance upon, any Work and any other content and information on the R-MC Websites is at your sole risk. we expressly disclaim all warranties, express or implied, relating to THE R-MC WEBSITES and all content and information available on OR THROUGH THE R-MC WEBSITES (including all Works) to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Contacting Us. You may contact us by mail at: PO Box 5005, Ashland, VA 23005 or by phone at: .